Personal experence

Never would I thought I would be in the land of corn and Hawkeyes. Moving across the country, even though it was not what I wanted. I knew it would be for the best. After packing up everything we wanted from the house and stuffing it in the truck or U-haul; we started. The Land of flatlanders and soybeans, living in the mountains all your life Iowa has a lot of different things. Even though this move was hard, I believe that it was good for a couple of reasons. I was thinking about this on the long 28-hour drive through the Midwest and America’s Heartland. This was going to be a new start not only for me but for my whole family. It was going to make me better with people because I had to form new relationships. This overall was going to be a challenge that I was willing to accept. I was excited about new experiences like football and the long summers. The Vermont summers were warm but not hot. The type of weather you could wear a hoodie at night most of the time. It had its own signs of summer such as the peepers in any bodies of water. Coming to Iowa was a shock. The humidity was nothing I had experienced before for an extended period of time. All of this would be part of my challenge of adapting. 

Now I love summers even though the humidity is sometimes unbearable. I do miss the sound of the peepers but not I am greeted to summer by the sound of the cictas. This move gave me a second chance. I went from hating the sweltering humid summers of the Midwest to embracing the heat and moisture. The little things you wouldn’t think you would grow to enjoy are some of the things I enjoy most. Adjusting to everything is easier because I had to make such a huge adjustment already. It was the challenge that made me a stronger person. Not only for change but for everything. It made me enjoy the small details all around me. Whether that’s the peepers in the Vermont ponds or the cicas in the midwestern grass. I enjoy the small details, the little things in life.